GA State Referee Committee (USSF Classes/Registration)
Sign Up for Classes
Request a New Class
STOP - PLEASE READ THIS PAGE!
NOT FOR REGISTERING FOR COURSES!
To do that, go back to the menu and click 'Sign up for Classes'
THESE REQUESTS ARE FOR
AFFILIATED LEAGUES ONLY!
2015 RECERTIFICATION COURSES MAY BE SCHEDULED FOR ANY SUNDAY AND ENTRY CLASSES ANY SATURDAY BEFORE AUGUST 31, 2016* * We are phasing out the Upgrade to R8 from R9. It will be replaced with the GR08 Course. This course will be limited to people who will be 15 years of age or older as of the date of the classroom session. It will be open to current R9s as well as New referee candidates. It has also been made public, so coordinators can request it directly, just like R9 Entry and Recertification classes.
Note: Saturday, July30 and August 20 are CLOSED to new classes.
Note: When emailing about a class, if it is approved, please include the class number, like 1234-E, in the subject or the first line. If it has been requested but not approved, please include the name of your club in the same places. I have not memorized the links between every coordinator and their club, and lots of people have multiple classes listed. Thanks.
The classroom facilities must comfortably seat the people registered, plus the course referee coordinator and two (2) instructors. There should be tables or a flat surface on which to write for the students.
· For ALL Courses, a minimum of fifteen (15) people must be registered with the GSSA office one (1) week prior to the course date or the course may be cancelled. The league may guarantee the course for the course fee difference between the number of people that attend and 15. Some exceptions may be made for isolated locations with small referee or potential referee populations.
· The league must arrange for a proper facility and a local referee coordinator to be present for the course. For Entry Courses, the local assignor should be there near the end of class to tell students how to get games from them.
· Dates will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Some course dates might be changed if more than ten (10) courses are planned for the same date or more than one course is planned for the same area and same date, so please provide three (3) sets of dates if possible.
· The class hours for the Entry-Level courses are nine (9) hours including a lunch hour. It is possible to host Entry Classes (R9 and R8) on a series of weeknights if it is Summer (August) and the nights are light enough and warm enough. Contact the SDI if you need to set up this type of class.
· The Recertification course is four (4) hours and should be scheduled for a Sunday if possible.
If you have any questions, email the Georgia State Director of Instruction at firstname.lastname@example.org .